Lead Concept Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles in VR, ranging from social and competitive multiplayer to character driven action and adventure single-player games.
The Lead Concept Artist is responsible for creating original and imaginative concept art for characters, environments and other game assets. A successful candidate is expected to present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports their final art, and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Leads and other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
In this leadership role we are also looking for a strong ability to serve as an advocate for the art team, to help nurture and guide other artists, through both mentorship and critique, as well as serve as a passionate collaborative partner alongside the design and gameplay teams to prototyping unique and engaging gameplay experiences.
- At least 5 years experience in video game development
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style and design sensibility
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem solving
- Excellent drawing skills in both traditional and digital formats, experience in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and take direction as well as accept critical review of your work
- Require knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience in Photoshop
- Familiarity with and passion for games
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong understand of general 3d and game art production techniques
- Some basic Maya experience (or comparable 3d software)
APPLYTo apply please email email@example.com
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted