Lead FX Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for a Lead VFX Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles in VR, ranging from social and competitive multiplayer to character driven action and adventure single-player games.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to guide a team of talented VFX Artists in developing the artistic vision of our games, as well as closely collaborating with many other diverse groups throughout the design and art departments to see it to fruition. In addition to experience in the skills of the craft, from gameplay and combat driven systems, to environmental atmospherics and destruction, we are looking for someone passionate about the creative process behind distilling high-level vision of gameplay experience, tone, and storytelling, into distinctive and compelling VFX to support the characters, worlds, and various assets within.
In this leadership role we are also looking for a strong ability to serve as an advocate for the VFX team, guiding other artists through both mentorship and critique and helping to continue to advance the studio’s capabilities and process for creative and technical FX development.
- Work with the VFX team, art, and game direction to establish visual style and production pipelines / processes for visual effects
- Collaborate with other art and design disciplines to help guide the VFX team through pre-production visual development tests and ideation, as well as production execution
- Work with the production department to prioritize tasking and scheduling of the VFX group and scope to the goals of the gameplay experience against time and resources
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other VFX Artists on the team, both for executing on a compelling vision for the games we make, as well as helping each to grow and thrive in their professional artistic careers
- Help continue expand the capabilities VFX team, through training and team building, refinements of process and techniques, and candidate recruiting and hiring
- Industry experience as a VFX Artist in a leadership role
- Portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of technical and artistic execution of real-time VFX
- Excellent communication skills and ability to both effectively give and receive creative and artistic critique
- Experience as a VFX artist in games, using a real-time authoring toolset such as Unreal or Unity and various supplemental 3D and VFX authoring packages, such as Maya, Houdini, and Substance
- Passion for games and the future of Virtual Reality
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Programming experience
- Scripting and/or visual scripting experience (Unreal’s Blueprints, etc.)
- Strong texturing and material skills
- Fluid simulation experience with Maya, Houdini or equivalent
- Any other game related art or design experience (animation, modeling, etc.)
Submitted demo reels must include samples of previous work and an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted along with resume featuring references.
Please send samples of your work with your application.
APPLYTo apply please email email@example.com
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted